At Ransoms we strive to minimise our impact on the local environment, which is a very specific and unique Island and where we can we advise our customers on green alternatives and best way of improving their own environments.
- We support numerous local charities with a specific interest on those that cross into horticulture and environmental matters.
- We strive to use low impact materials and many of our fixtures and fittings come from recycled materials sourced locally.
- All of our carrier bags are biodegradable and have a natural life span of two to three years.
- Our cardboard is collected for recycling and we use a green waste skip for plant waste that is then taken to the Island composting site.
- We buy all wood items where possible from sustainable and managed sources.
- We do not sell fur products or fur trim items.
- We re-use as many items as we can on site.
- Peat free compost is promoted and sold where ever possible.
- Over the last few years we have reduced our energy consumption considerably.
Did you know?
We now sell some product lines online for home delivery.