What you will need:
- Power drill fitted with a hole saw
- Water Butt and stand
- Rain diverter kit
- Tape Measure
How to do it:
- Choose a flat and solid surface – this will prevent the water butt from sinking or becoming unstable when full.
- Place the water butt on its stand – this is essential as it will allow a watering can to be placed under the tap.
- Cut through the down pipe 3cm below the top of the water butt.
- Attach the rain diverter to the down pipe and fit the lower section of down pipe that you cut off in to the bottom of the diverter.
- Drill a hole 8cm down from the top of the water butt to fit the water butt connector through.
- Push the water butt connector through the drilled hole and secure it using the fixings provided.
- Attach the water butt connector to the rain diverter before securely attaching the lid to prevent accidents.