We have a great opportunity for an experienced Supervisor to lead our Warehouse and Delivery Department. Ransoms is a family run business set in the beautiful Parish of St Martin that offers a great working environment, competitive salary, health scheme, staff discount and free on-site parking.
This interesting and varied role is responsible for running our small warehouse team who check in all incoming stock, manage the warehouse, and deliver our orders to our customers.
The ideal candidate will ideally have experience in managing a team, have great organization skills and be able to cope with a fast-paced environment.
Please e-mail your CV to ransoms.je and quote ‘WAREHOUSE’ in the subject line.
To supervise our warehouse team in delivering a fast, accurate and efficient stock management service. This will include managing incoming stock, the organisation of the warehouse and controlling our customer delivery team.
- Stock Arrivals – Ensure that all arriving stock is dealt in line with defined procedures including, liaising with local shipping companies, accurate booking in of stock onto our computerized systems, cross checking deliveries against supplier paperwork, initiating claims for faulty stock and ensuring products are priced ready for the shop floor.
- Storage – Ensure all storage areas are maintained and kept clear of all obstructions. All stock needs to be stored in the correct location. Inventories need to be managed for both our poly tunnels and storage containers.
- Customer Deliveries – To Organize the Delivery Team to ensure customer orders are delivered in a cost effective and timely manner including liaising with customers and other departments when required.
- Site Maintenance & Cleaning – Ensure that the site is maintained to the highest standard by managing the maintenance man & cleaner and external contractors as required.
- On-Site Shop Fitting – Liaise with the shop managers and visual merchandiser to assist with construction, painting, dismantling and storage of shop fittings in preparation for promotions and the change of seasons.
Skills and knowledge Required.
- Management or Supervisory Experience.
- Ideally experience working in a warehouse or “Goods-In” section of a retail establishment.
- Numerate & accurate
- Ability to lead a Team.
- Great personal organisation skills and the ability to organise others.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Highly focused on providing Great Customer Service
- Great communication/interpersonal skills
- Attractive Salary.
- Inclusion in our Revenue Share Bonus Scheme.
- Free Health Care Plan Membership.
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 with length of service.
- Staff discount within the Garden Centre, Tearooms & Potting Shed.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly family run business
Ransom Garden Centre is a family business, in the heart of leafy St. Martin, established in 1966 by David and Janet Ransom. The business has grown significantly over the years and is now run by Katherine and Rebecca Ransom.
We employ approximately 60 in the Garden Centre with an additional 25 in the Restaurant and The Potting Shed Gift Shop.
Over the last 55 years the business has evolved significantly into a gardening and lifestyle destination retailer, and we are very proud of our knowledgeable team who continue to offer islanders exciting, quality product and great service.