This is a great opportunity to be part of the Warehouse and Delivery Team of a family run business set in the beautiful Parish of St Martin that offers a great working environment, competitive salary, health scheme, staff discount and free on-site parking.
This is an interesting and varied role. You will be responsible for checking in all incoming stock, keeping the warehouse well-ordered and tidy and helping deliver our customer orders.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with stock and be quick, accurate and physically able to lift and move stock around in the warehouse.
This is a full-time permanent position based on a 37.5-hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking. The hourly pay rate for this position is £11.30. After successful completion of the 3-month probationary period you will be included in our monthly bonus scheme which equates to an extra £1 for every hour worked. Please e-mail your CV to ransoms.je and quote ‘WAREHOUSE’ in the subject line.
Residency – 5 year residency required.
To unload and check in arriving stock quickly and accurately. To keep the warehouse and storage areas well-ordered and tidy at all times. To assist in the preparation and delivery of items to customers during busy times.
- Stock Arrivals – Ensure that all arriving stock is dealt with in line with defined procedures including, liaising with local shipping companies, accurate booking in of stock onto our computerized systems, cross checking deliveries against supplier paperwork, initiating claims for faulty stock and ensuring products are priced ready for the shop floor.
- Storage – Ensure all storage areas are maintained and kept clear of all obstructions. All stock needs to be stored in the correct location.
- Customer Deliveries – To assist in the preparation of items for delivery to our customer including assisting with deliveries during busy times liaising with customers and other departments when required.
- Site Maintenance – To work with the rest of the warehouse team in ensuring that the site is maintained to the highest standards.
- On-Site Shop Fitting – Work with the shop managers and visual merchandiser in constructing, painting, dismantling and storage of shop fittings in preparation for promotions and the change of seasons.
Skills and knowledge Required
- Physically fit and enjoys working in a warehouse environment.
- Ideally would have experience checking in stock but this is not essential.
- Numerate & accurate
- Great personal organisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Highly focused on providing Great Customer Service
- Great communication/interpersonal skills
- Computer Literate (basic)
- Ability to drive a forklift or delivery vehicle would be advantageous.
- Attractive Salary.
- Inclusion in our Revenue Share Bonus Scheme.
- Free Health Care Plan Membership.
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 with length of service.
- Staff discount within the Garden Centre, Tearooms & Potting Shed.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly family run business
Ransom Garden Centre is a family business, in the heart of leafy St. Martin, established in 1966 by David and Janet Ransom. The business has grown significantly over the years and is now run by Katherine and Rebecca Ransom.
We employ approximately 60 in the Garden Centre with an additional 25 in the Restaurant and The Potting Shed Gift Shop.
Over the last 55 years the business has evolved significantly into a gardening and lifestyle destination retailer, and we are very proud of our knowledgeable team who continue to offer islanders exciting, quality product and great service.