We are seeking to recruit a hardworking and enthusiastic person to join our plant area team from the now until the end of August/September. This is a part-time position for 27.5 hours per week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking.
The successful candidate will help water and care for our stock of plants, keep the plant area looking fantastic and assist our customers with their purchases. They must be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as being physically fit as the position is based outside and will involve the watering and care of plants of all shapes and sizes, putting away stock and being on your feet all day.
Spoken English is essential. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting TEMP PLANTS in the subject line.
TITLE: Seasonal Plant Waterer & Maintenance Assistant
Department: Plant Area
Reporting To: Plant Area Supervisor
Job Summary: To work with the rest of the Plant Area Team in making sure the plant stock is correctly watered and maintained to the highest standards and to ensure the plant & landscape area is always kept tidy and well presented. To replenish stock, assist in checking off arriving deliveries and carrying out stock takes where required. To assist customers with their purchases or if this requires specialist knowledge take them to a permanent member of the Team.
- To care and tend to plants and their surrounding area as directed by the Supervisor and Manager including watering, dead heading, pruning and general weeding.
- To ensure all stock is neatly displayed, bringing stock to the front of the display area as required.
- Assisting with putting out additional or new stock coming from suppliers.
- To ensure that all labelling is accurate, producing additional labels as required.
- To ensure the whole plant area is kept swept, tidy and free of rubbish and obstacles at all times.
- To assist and engage with customers in selecting the right tree or plant for their specific requirements.
- To pick stock to fulfil customer orders for collection or delivery.
- To assist customers with purchases of landscaping items.
- To assist with customer deliveries if required.
- To assist in the checking off of any stock arriving at the Garden Centre.
- To assist in stock taking all areas of the Garden Centre.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.