Seasonal Drivers Mate & Warehouse Assistant
We are seeking to recruit a Drivers Mate & Warehouse Assistant to join our stock team from now until the end of August to assist our delivery team in delivering a range of goods to our customers.
The successful candidates will assist our drivers in load up the delivery vehicles and unloading customers purchases at their homes as well as checking off incoming deliveries & preparing stock for the shop. This is a physically demanding job so candidates will have to be fit enough to work at the required pace and have excellent reading and spoken English skills to ensure the correct stock is picked.
Normal working hours would be 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday with Thursdays and Sundays off. The hourly rate of pay for this position is £10.25 inclusive of rolled up holiday pay.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ‘DRIVERS MATE’ in the subject line.
To pick customer orders and load items onto vehicles for delivery to customers. To assist drivers in providing an efficient delivery service for our customers liaising with them on delivery times. Unloading vehicles at customer’s premises and where pre-arranged, assisting with product construction or disposal of old items. To accurately Book In arriving goods into the Stock System completing the required paperwork. To keep the warehouse and general premises neat and tidy at all times.
- Deliveries – Picking the correct items to match each customer’s invoice, assisting with loading these items onto the delivery vehicles then unloading the items at the customers premises. Liaising with customers regarding updates on actual delivery times as required.
- Checking in Stock – Unpacking arriving stock, counting each item and recording the arrived quantity on our stock system. Where required label and price each item.
- Shortages & Damages – Identifying shortages against the supplier’s delivery note or damaged stock completing the appropriate paperwork and passing to our Admin team to process.
- Replenishment – Ensure designated areas of the shop are topped up with the appropriate stock, while keeping them clean, tidy, and easy to shop. To ensure all items in the area are price labelled correctly. To pick stock for shop floor replenishment from our main stores.
- Additional Tasks – Where required assist in checking off arriving stock and conducting stock counts to ensure the accuracy of our stock systems.
Skills and knowledge Required
- Physically fit and enjoys manual work.
- Able to focus and work at speed.
- Numerate & accurate
- Attractive Salary.
- Staff discount within the Garden Centre, Tearooms & Potting Shed.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly family run business
Ransom Garden Centre is a family business, in the heart of leafy St. Martin, established in 1966 by David and Janet Ransom. The business has grown significantly over the years and is now run by Katherine and Rebecca Ransom.
We employ approximately 60 in the Garden Centre with an additional 25 in the Restaurant and The Potting Shed Gift Shop.
Over the last 55 years the business has evolved significantly into a gardening and lifestyle destination retailer, and we are very proud of our knowledgeable team who continue to offer islanders exciting, quality product and great service.