We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our front of house team helping our staff to deliver amazing service to our customers.
This is a full time permanent position based on a 40 hour week over 5 days. The Tea Rooms are open 7 days a week between 9am and 6pm.
Applicants will have previous supervisory experience or feel they are ready to take up their first role as a supervisor. They must be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as having excellent spoken & written English skills.
For experienced staff we can offer an hourly rate of £12.50 inclusive of tips plus 24 days paid holiday/bank holidays
As well as being based in a great out of town location with ample free parking we also offer staff discount and meals while on shift. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting SUPER in the subject line.
DEPARTMENT: Front of house
REPORTING TO: Restaurant Manager
To manage the counter and restaurant floor to provide a fast, efficient, friendly and customer focused service. To lead the staff in achieving the highest standards of customer care at all times. Organise and guide the staff in their daily duties and manage the front of house during your assigned shift.
Front of House Management
- Maintain a high level of service for all customers.
- Execute all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensure that they are adhered to by all members of front of house staff.
- Ensure that all duties and assignments are performed and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the front of house is always clean and well presented
- Ensure the counter area is kept to a high level of cleanliness at all times.
- Work closely, and communicate with the Kitchen to ensure a smooth operation at all times.
- Ensure that all food entering the dining room corresponds to the agreed presentation & Content Standards
Customer & Takings Management
- Dealing with enquiries from potential customers, whether in person or over the telephone.
- Meeting & Greeting customers, assessing their dining requirements and handing them over to the waiting staff in a polite and friendly manner.
- Dealing with complaints from customers in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Completing customer complaint forms after any complaint and passing these to the Senior Supervisor.
- Ensure all payments are received, recorded and a receipt is provided to the customer.
- When controlling the last shift ensure that an end of night till report is completed to ensure correct recording of all transactions
- Completing the daily cashing up procedure and replenishing the till floats.
- Assess the current work load in each area and redistribute the staff on shift to meet the needs of the shift.
- Assist staff in any area when required at busy periods.
- Ensuring that all staff attend work punctually and arrive in the correct uniform.
- Informal disciplining of staff in the absence of the Senior Supervisor or manager as and when required, using correct company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that menu briefings and quizzes are carried out regularly with all waiting staff.
- Ensuring all staff are happy in their work, and making sure any problems are dealt with in a compassionate and professional manner.
Health & Safety Management
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Record any accidents that occur, no matter how minor, by using the correct accident reporting procedures for both staff and customers.
- Undertake training to become a registered First Aider.
- Ensuring that all front of house deliveries are correctly checked off and recorded.
- Assisting in monthly stock checks so all stock is accounted for.
- Ensure that all waste, transfers to other departments, promotional stock, breakages and spillages are documented.
- To place orders internally and externally for supplies and produce under the direction of the Senior Supervisor.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by the Senior Supervisor, Management or Directors of the Company.