Plant Area Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to help lead our Plant Area Team in helping and advising our Customers choose the right Plants, Buildings, Paving and Accessories for their gardens.
This is a full-time permanent position based on a 40-hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location. The annual salary for this position is £33,000. After successful completion of the 3-month probationary period you will be included in our monthly bonus scheme which equates to an extra £1 for every hour worked.
Applicants will have excellent plant and plant care knowledge and will either have previously held a Supervisory or Team Leader position or feel they are ready to take the next step on their career by moving into a Supervisory role. They will be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as being physically fit as the position will involve working outside in all weathers looking after and displaying the stock. Excellent spoken & written English are essential.
Ransoms is a family run business set in the beautiful Parish of St Martin that offers.
- a great working environment
- competitive salary
- monthly bonus
- health scheme
- staff discount
- free on-site parking.
E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting PLANT SUPER in the subject line.
To work with the manager to ensure the smooth running of the plant area. Managing the department’s staff, allocating tasks and training when required. To assist customers in their purchasing requirements for plants, pots, other garden accessories and garden buildings following up on customer enquires as required. To work with the rest of the Team in making sure the plant stock is well maintained and the plant and landscape area is always kept tidy and well presented. To replenish stock, assist in checking off arriving deliveries and carrying out stock takes when required.
- Staff Supervision – To manage the departments staff on a day-to-day basis, allocating jobs and following up on these to ensure they are being done correctly and in a timely manner. To work with and train staff on the correct way of doing things. Managing the care of stock (including watering, pruning etc.) and the maintenance of the plant area.
- Customer Service – To greet and approach all customers entering the Plant Area to offer assistance with choosing the correct item for their requirements. To ensure customers are aware of any relevant offers and accessories available. Recording and following up on customer enquires or orders using our contact management systems.
- Presentation – To participate in creating visual displays, moving stock and fixtures around to highlight seasonal products and offers. To ensure all items are correctly and clearly priced. Ensure the Plant Area and stock is kept adequately watered, well maintained, and is clean, tidy, and beautifully presented at all times.
- Stock Management – To check off incoming deliveries to ensure the correct stock has been received and to replenish the benches and displays. To carry out regular stock counts to maintain stock accuracy.
Skills and knowledge Required
- A good knowledge and interest in plants and gardening.
- Confident about approaching and talking to customers.
- Ideally would have some retail experience but this is not essential.
- Highly focused on providing great Customer Service
- Numerate & accurate
- Computer Literate (basic)
- Attractive Salary.
- Inclusion in our monthly Revenue Share Bonus Scheme.
- Free Health Care Plan Membership.
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 with length of service.
- Staff discount within the Garden Centre, Tearooms & Potting Shed.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly family run business
Ransom Garden Centre is a family business, in the heart of leafy St. Martin, established in 1966 by David and Janet Ransom. The business has grown significantly over the years and is now run by Katherine and Rebecca Ransom.
We employ approximately 60 in the Garden Centre with an additional 25 in the Restaurant and The Potting Shed Gift Shop.
Over the last 55 years the business has evolved significantly into a gardening and lifestyle destination retailer, and we are very proud of our knowledgeable team who continue to offer islanders exciting, quality product and great service.