We have a great opportunity for an experience Pastry Chef to join our Team. The successful applicant will have a number of years’ experience in producing high quality gateau’s, tarts and other pastries in a busy pastry section and will take pride in ensuring that everything they produce is of the highest standard.
They will be able to work by themselves at speed to keep up with demand.
This is a full time permanent position based on a 47.5 hour week over 5 days with straight day time shifts, in a great out of town location with ample free parking. Accommodation is available if required.
E-mail your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting PASTRY in the subject line
TITLE: Pastry Chef
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
To manage the production of Cakes, Pastries & Desserts to the highest standards to meet the sales requirements of the Tearooms. To ensure the pastry section runs smoothly and efficiently and is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness. To manage the stock and stock ordering for the pastry section.
- To calculate the amount of each item required for use in the Tearooms ensuring we never run out while keeping waste to a minimum.
- To be fully conversant with and to follow all agreed recipes. These are only to be changed after being fully costed and agreed with the Head Chef.
- Ensure that all items leaving the kitchen corresponds to the agreed presentation & content standards.
- To ensure all food hygiene regulations are followed especially regarding the cross contamination of allergens.
- To assist the Head Chef in the production of new menu’s by suggesting new Cakes, Pastries & Desserts and to provide costing’s for these.
- To maintain a high level of communication with the other Kitchen and Front of House staff to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- To check the cake counter on a daily basis to ensure all items available for sale remain at the highest quality taking remedial action as required.
- To agree with the Head/Sous Chef on a daily basis the Pasty Sections requirements for KP assistance and to work with the KPs to train them to carry out basic preparation tasks.
- To set an excellent example to the other members of the kitchen team and motivate them to work at the required pace and to achieve the standards required.
- To ensure that wastage and stock loss is kept to the absolute minimum including an adherence to stock rotation policies.
- To ensure that all deliveries are counted / weighed and checked against the delivery documents, reporting any anomalies to the Head Chef.
- To carry out bi-weekly stock counts at the direction of the management.
- To complete the daily wastage record with explanations, for presentation to the management.
- To carry out the daily replenishment ordering of stock under the guidance of the Head Chef.
- Ensure that all food storage and labelling meets the agreed company and statutory requirements.
Hygiene, Health & Safety
- To ensure SFBB hygiene and safety regulations are adhered too at all times.
- To report and where possible, take action on incidents, accidents and damages.
- To report any faulty or damaged equipment immediately to the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself and others in the kitchen.
- To ensure you are familiar with the location of all fire fighting equipment and understand how use it.
- To undertake training as a First Aider by arrangement with the management.
- To adhere to a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- To report to duty on time and in a clean uniform.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Head Chef or Senior Management.