We have a great opportunity for an experienced Supervisor to join our Outdoor Living Team.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day running of our Gardening Accessory, BBQ and Furniture departments. You will guide and assist the staff in these areas as well as helping customers in person, via the phone and by email.
The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience, be keen to learn about the products we sell to enable them to better serve our customers, have great organization skills and be able to cope with a fast-paced environment.
Ransoms is a family run business set in the beautiful Parish of St Martin that offers
- a great working environment
- competitive salary
- monthly bonus
- health scheme
- staff discount
- free on-site parking.
Please e-mail your CV to ransoms.je and quote ‘OL SUPER’ in the subject line.
To supervise our Outdoor Living team, organising their workload and providing cover in the departments for days off and holidays. Serving customers in person, via phone or by email following up on any enquiries with the buying team. The Outdoor Living team are responsible for Garden Accessories, BBQ’s, Garden Furniture and Christmas Lighting in the winter.
- Sales – Assisting customers find the right product for their needs, explaining the key attributes and benefits of the different product options. Answering customer queries via the phone and e-mails. Ensuring the details of any outstanding enquires are logged and followed up on via our contact management system.
- Stock – Ensure the department is always well stocked by replenishing stock daily from our warehouse. Regularly check that product pricing is clear to customers by ensuring item price labels or shelf edge labels are in place. To work with the Marketing Assistant to ensure promotional signage is in place on any offers.
- Presentation – To ensure that stock is attractively and logically laid out so that it is easy for customers to find what they are looking for. To ensure your department & products are kept clean, tidy, and well presented at all times. To assist in the regular move around of stock and fixtures and fittings within the departments to accommodate seasonal products.
- Staffing – To manage the departments daily and weekly task lists ensuring all jobs get carried out on time working with the team to ensure this happens. To cover for staff absence on days off, holidays or sickness. To train and guide new members of staff to bring them up to the expected standard of knowledge and customer service
Skills and knowledge Required.
- Ability to lead a Team.
- Ideally experience or interest in Gardening or BBQing
- Great personal organisation skills and the ability to organise others.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Highly focused on providing Great Customer Service
- Great communication/interpersonal skills
- Numerate & Literate.
- Attractive Salary.
- Inclusion in our monthly Revenue Share Bonus Scheme.
- Free Health Care Plan Membership.
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 with length of service.
- Staff discount within the Garden Centre, Tearooms & Potting Shed.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly family run business
Ransom Garden Centre is a family business, in the heart of leafy St. Martin, established in 1966 by David and Janet Ransom. The business has grown significantly over the years and is now run by Katherine and Rebecca Ransom.
We employ approximately 60 in the Garden Centre with an additional 25 in the Restaurant and The Potting Shed Gift Shop.
Over the last 55 years the business has evolved significantly into a gardening and lifestyle destination retailer, and we are very proud of our knowledgeable team who continue to offer islanders exciting, quality product and great service.