We require an experienced Kitchen Porter to provide washing and cleaning duties as well basic food preparation in our busy restaurant. Two days off per week, straight daytime shifts with free meal while on shift and free parking at a great out of town location. Basic ability to speak and understand English required. Applications by e-mail attaching CV quoting KP.
TITLE: Kitchen Porter
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
To keep all areas of the kitchen, bakery and wash-up room clean and sanitized. To manage the wash-up room ensuring all equipment is used properly and that the team keep up with the washing, drying and polishing requirements of the kitchen and restaurant. To Support the kitchen staff by taking on food prep tasks as directed by the Chef.
- Keep all kitchen, Bakery and Wash-up room work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized.
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and ending of shifts.
- Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations.
- Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation.
- To keep up with the washing, drying and polishing requirements for the Restaurant.
- A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
- Able to work at speed.
- Able to operate cleaning equipment in a safe manner after training
- The ability to stand for long hours
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Patience and cool-headedness.
- understand how use it.
- To cover the duties of other member of the Kitchen Team at the direction of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Head Chef, Sous Chef or Director.