Great opportunity for the right candidate to learn all about our Gifts, Homeware & Clothing ranges from our experienced Sales Team.
This is a full-time permanent position based on a 37.5-hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location. The hourly pay rate for this position is £10.25. After successful completion of the 3-month probationary period you will be included in our monthly bonus scheme which equates to an extra £1 for every hour worked.
This position would suit candidates with either with previous Customer Service experience or someone looking to start a career in retail. All candidates must be keen to learn about our gift, homeware & clothing products and be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public. Spoken & written English are required.
Ransoms is a family run business set in the beautiful Parish of St Martin that offers
- a great working environment
- competitive salary
- monthly bonus
- health scheme
- staff discount
- free on-site parking.
E-mail your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting GIFTS in the subject line.
To assist customers in their purchasing requirements in all areas of the Gift & Interiors Department ensuring they are aware of all current promotions and all possible add-on products. To work with the rest of the Team in making sure the shop is always clean and presented to the highest standards.
- Customer Service – To greet and approach all customers entering the department to offer assistance with choosing the correct item for their requirements. To ensure customers are aware of any relevant offers and accessories available. Recording and following up on customer enquires or orders using our contact management systems.
- Presentation – To participate in creating new visual displays, moving stock and fixtures around to highlight seasonal products and offers. To ensure all items are correctly and clearly priced. Ensure the department is clean, tidy, and beautifully presented at all times.
- Stock Management – To check off incoming deliveries to ensure the correct stock has been received and to replenish the shop floor stock from the warehouse ensuring the department is always fully stocked. To carry out regular stock counts to maintain stock accuracy.
Skills and knowledge Required
- An interest in learning about our Gifts, Homeware, or Clothing ranges.
- Confident about approaching and talking to customers.
- Ideally would have some retail experience but this is not essential.
- Highly focused on providing Great Customer Service
- Numerate & accurate
- Computer Literate (basic)
- Attractive Salary.
- Inclusion in our monthly Revenue Share Bonus Scheme.
- Free Health Care Plan Membership.
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 with length of service.
- Staff discount within the Garden Centre, Tearooms & Potting Shed.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly family run business
Ransom Garden Centre is a family business, in the heart of leafy St. Martin, established in 1966 by David and Janet Ransom. The business has grown significantly over the years and is now run by Katherine and Rebecca Ransom.
We employ approximately 60 in the Garden Centre with an additional 25 in the Restaurant and The Potting Shed Gift Shop.
Over the last 55 years the business has evolved significantly into a gardening and lifestyle destination retailer, and we are very proud of our knowledgeable team who continue to offer islanders exciting, quality product and great service.