We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to join our office team. This is a rare opportunity to join a diverse local business and learn from our buyers how to select and replenish a wide range of products for our Gifts & Interiors Department and The Potting Shed Gift Shop. This interesting and varied position will involve working with the other Buyers and Sales Supervisors to calculate replenishment orders as well as helping to manage suppliers, new product introductions and reviewing prices & margins.
This role would suit someone with experience of working within a retail environment with a similar range of products and who would now like to advance their career. So if you are well organised, logical, time efficient, a great communicator, have excellent numeracy skills, are a confident user of Excel and Outlook and are able to demonstrate problem solving ability this may be the perfect job for you.
Training will be given on our systems and procedures but we are looking for candidates with drive and enthusiasm who are able to work on their own initiative to deliver results. The position is based on a 37.5 hour working week between Monday and Friday.
If you would like more information please read the job description below and apply by e-mailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting BUYING.
You will work closely with the other buyers and shop managers selecting and ordering products for our Gifts & Interiors department and the Potting Shed gift shop. This will involve building strong relationships with suppliers, utilising our Excel based replenishment system to calculate orders and working with the in-house teams to ensure the stock arrives on time and is allocated the appropriate space within the shop. You will ensure these products are setup on our system and take responsibility for their life cycle.
- To place orders for stock based on calculated demand and Sales Supervisor feedback taking into account current stock levels and agreed stock holding parameters.
- To work with the Head Buyer and Area Supervisors on the introduction and setup of new products and the phasing out of non-performing products.
- To regularly review the margins being achieved and alerting the Head Buyer to any areas of concern or opportunity.
- To draw up promotional plans based on Supplier promotional prices and offers.
- To keep the sales teams updated on new products and stock arrivals.
- To assist the Head Buyer in ensuring that all Supplier Terms & Conditions are regularly negotiated and updated.
- To work with the EPOS administrators to ensure that the product file always reflects the correct cost and selling prices and that discontinued items are flagged as such.